Are you ready to workyour agency?
Stop working in your agency.
Start working on your agency.
There’s A Better Way to meet the demands of a growing client base, to innovate your marketing agency and to control your finances — all while enjoying the life you envisioned when you first started your marketing agency. Our outsourced accounting firm for marketing agencies will help you compete in today’s unpredictable marketplace. We take the confusion out of your data.
We help smaller agencies think big
We help larger agencies operate lean and focus on innovation.
We build new systems and integrate software, ensuring data accuracy.
We manage and forecast cash flow.
Outsourced Accounting Prices
Enjoy peace of mind with a more automated accounting experience and an actual human to help you understand the numbers.
- 10 Virtual Financial Review Meetings a Year
- Unlimited E-mail Support
- BookkeepingIncludes transaction classification and account reconciliation.
- 1099 Filing and Distribution
- Business Income Tax Return
- Personal Tax Return for 1 Owner
- Employee Expense Reports
- Accounts Receivable Management
- Accounts Payable Management
- Payroll via GustoPayroll included for up to 10 employees. There is a $10 fee per employee thereafter.
- Quarterly Estimated Tax Calculations
- Industry Benchmarking Analysis - 1x Year
- Reasonable Compensation Study for Owners
Includes everything in Tier 1, plus:
- Unlimited Virtual Financial Review Meetings
- Financial Forecasting
- Tax planning1 Owner, additional owners at $1,300/mo
- Accrual Basis of Accounting
- Advanced Analytics Dashboard
- Yearly Budgeting
- Weekly Cash Flow Meetings
- Client Leadership Team Meetings - 2x MonthWe will attend your agency's team meeting.
- Assistance With Custom Automation
- Prepare Business Plan
Includes everything in Tiers 1 & 2, plus:
- Client Leadership Team Meetings - WeeklyWe will attend a 1-hour leadership team meeting.
- Employee Compensation Planning
- Prepare Profit Sharing Plan
- Strategic Planning
- Help with merger and acquisition due dilligence
Grow smart with a virtual CFO specializing in marketing agencies
Just because your marketing agency landed a big client doesn’t mean you’re ready for additional hires. We can help you make smarter decisions that grow your agency with profitability in mind — from boosting efficiency with the right digital tools to managing your cash flow.
Hiring a virtual accounting firm can be up to an 86% savings compared to filling an internal team. That's 13.5% of what it costs to hire a Chief Financial Officer, 16.79% of what it costs to hire a controller and 21.5% of what it costs to hire a bookkeeper — not including the costs of benefits and payroll taxes.
A cash reserve lets you make the decisions for your marketing and advertising agency that you want to make as opposed to the decisions you have to make. It also allows you to scale by bringing on additional resources without running into a cash flow crunch. A cash reserve also helps your marketing agency survive unexpected downturns.
We currently work with businesses that range in size from sole proprietors to 100+ employees and revenue between $75K and $9M. Agencies specifically range in size from 1 to roughly 30 employees and revenue between $175K and $3M.
We work with people all over the United States, and occasionally even international clients. Our clients range from Rhode Island to Florida to California and everywhere in between.
It can take 60-90 days to optimize your QuickBooks centric system and customize your reporting package. 60-90 days is the "steady state,” but you will start seeing value right out of the gate.
We will never send you an invoice apart from your monthly subscription, unless something is obviously out of scope. However, even in such circumstances, you'll know what to expect before you get the invoice.
You will have at least two dedicated staff members, who will be handling all of the bookkeeping, accounting and financial reporting for your account. More info about Better Way CPA's team can be found here.
Yes, part of the onboarding services will include organizing your QuickBooks Online file.
- Each client's financial statements go through two levels of “human review” each month, with a cumulative 64-point review checklist.
- Bots. Lots and lots of bots. We deploy about a dozen automated proprietary bots in order to proactively check for anomalies within your books on an ongoing basis.
We use Gusto, a payroll platform that helps businesses like yours onboard, pay, insure, and support your hardworking team. For more information, please visit gusto.com.
Our outsourced accounting packages include access to a secure client portal. The reporting and analytics dashboard offers real-time financial reporting with data that is integrated with your accounting processes. Our goal is for business owners to be empowered to make informed business decisions based on accurate, timely and reliable data. This specialized financial reporting package isn't just financial data, it incorporates non-financial data, too, as well as forecasts and the ability to do "what-if" analysis in real-time.
Simply put, we compare your business' financial results with those of your peers. In some instances, we can compare your business to those in the same industry, in the same state, and with relatively the same size. This analysis helps to quickly identify where and why you need to make adjustments in your business to become more profitable.