You have the skills.
But are you prepared financially?
Before you make the switch, it's important to have a plan — and not solely about how much money is in the bank. Finance and accounting serve two different functions: One looking toward the future, the other acting as a scorekeeper. Having an adequate accounting and finance function is crucial to your ability to scale from freelancer to agency owner.
You know you need a strategy. How can this ebook help you get started?
There's a lot to learn — and a lot of jargon you may have never heard as a freelancer. It can be overwhelming. That's where this ebook comes in. It'll help you identify which questions to ask in the future — to prepare both your accounting and finance functions — as you scale from freelancer to agency owner.
With this ebook, you will learn:
- How to get your legal entity right
- How to set up your accounting systems
- How cloud accounting can help grow your business
- How to structure the chart of accounts
- The basics of cash vs. accrual accounting
- How to manage cash reserves
- How you know when you're ready to hire
- What accounting tasks you need to do on an ongoing basis